Friday, December 25, 2015

Decades


Right now in fashion, we are able to step into a time machine and dress for our favorite decade. I love this. While classic looks have become modernized, put any fashion girl in front of a polaroid and she will look as though she is from the 70's, 80's, or 90's. This is perfect for me - as someone who fantasizes about the glamour of Studio 54, pictures the allure of the Sunset Strip during the age of glam metal rock, and wishes she had been there for the release of Duran Duran's Rio. These decades were filled with incredible, new artistry. Fashion was a part of this artistry. Icons such as Debbie Harry, Madonna, Cindy Crawford, and Jerry Hall filled the fashion magazines. 
I can mix and match decades in my outfits, which makes me feel like a part of these worlds that I would have loved to experience. But if I couldn't have actually seen what my parents saw, at least I can dress like them and decade hop without looking like I'm dressed up for Halloween. 
In this outfit, I am channeling my inner 90's girl but I feel a little 80's as well. The Adidas are a dead ringer for 80's fashion and the crop top is classic 90's. The high waist of the denim lived successfully through both these decades. And we all know that the leather jacket has been around since the 60's. I have fun pretending that I have gone back in time. Tomorrow I'll be wearing flares and feel like I'm back in the 70's. It is incredible how fashion can transport you and make you feel like part of something that can only be witnessed on old polaroids, vinyl records, and classic movies.
Top: Topshop
Jeans: Madewell
Sneakers: Adidas
Leather Jacket: ASOS

​Belt: ASOS 


No comments:

Post a Comment