Friday, December 25, 2015

Charmed


Recently, I started (for the third time) binge watching Charmed. This has been one of my favorite shows since middle school. I was always inspired by the women of the show and looked up to them for wisdom and also for fashion. The show's most successful period of fashion happened during the first three seasons - the late 90's. I particularly loved Prue's personal style which is daring but also full of comfy sweaters. Her look gave off the vibe: I'm a total bad-ass but also have a sweet, soft side.

With the return of the  70's/90's, I decided to incoorperate Prue's love of perfectly fitting flares and cozy sweaters. These flares are my absolute favorite - I love the color and high waist. To keep the 90's vibe, I styled them with a ribbed tank but added my own modern twist with the red kitten heels. I came across this sweater accidentally last weekend at Madewell and had to have it. I love how it is a basic white sweater but with a twist (the frayed sleeve). 

I advise that if you ever need fun outfit inspiration to check out a show from the 90's like Charmed, Buffy, or 90210 Beverly Hills

Sweater: Madewell
Jeans: Topshop (similar)
Shoes: Free People
Top: Topshop 


No comments:

Post a Comment